Friday, October 9, 2009

Day Twenty

I runned, I runned!

Jogged, anyway. For the last three years I've done at least three 5Ks each year, and this year I've only done one. If I tried to run 3.1 miles right now I would keel over and - well, not die exactly, but do a really good impression of someone at death's door, until I was revived with chocolate.

So I took a deep breath, went to coolrunnings.com, and looked up their Couch to 5K program. I got tired looking at the end of it where it talked about running three miles, so I just looked at the first week: Walk 5 minutes, and then alternate jogging 60 seconds and walking 90 seconds, eight times. That much I could do. So I did.

Don't look for me at the 2012 Olympics, but I'll see if I can at least hit the road enough times in the next several weeks to keep my 5K streak going. And now that I've posted here, I'll be really embarrassed if I don't do it, which I suppose is half the point of this blog.

No idea how I'll take a picture of this one, though - just hold the camera while I'm running maybe, and post a picture of the blur? Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment