Saturday, October 17, 2009

Day Twenty-Eight

SAVE THE TA-TA'S!



I realized after looking through my list that it would be the better part of wisdom not to photograph Item #59, as such. ;)

All joking aside, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and hopefully this will remind my female readers about the crucial habit of regular self-examinations. Any medical personnel who look at my family history tend to get a little fluttery and worried, since my grandmother, mother, and younger sister are all breast cancer survivors. I haven't always done as well as I should with monthly checks, but a little scare this summer (everything was benign, don't worry) reminded me to make this a lifelong habit.

It's not difficult, and it only takes a few minutes. And a few minutes every month is SO much more fun than a mastectomy.

So, if you have ta-ta's, or if you love someone who does, tie a pink ribbon around your finger or mark it on your calendar or write it on the mirror in red lipstick - whatever you gotta do, just don't forget.

... is a rather entertaining site that promotes breast cancer awareness, early detection, and all the fun stuff that comes along with it. Be forewarned that this is NOT your grandmother's breast cancer awareness site, and it tends toward the cute tank top end of the clothing spectrum. But it's not just grandmothers who get breast cancer, and if a pink baseball cap will save a life, I'm all for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment