Saturday, October 10, 2009

Day Twenty-One

Ow! My brain was apparently more ready to run than my quads were. (Note to self: Stretch more thoroughly tomorrow. MUCH more thoroughly.)

Today I made a good start on #65 (organize sheet music and music books), which looks like it will be a bigger project than I thought. My books, the collected works of various composers, are in a file cabinet with the nice reinforced hanging folders. Or at least that's the idea. At any given time, ten or more of them are sitting on top of the piano in untidy stacks, since they never quite seem to go back in when I'm finished with them. But with them, there's at least a system in place.

The sheet music (single pieces not bound in books) is another story entirely. The biggest issue there will be sorting through it to see which are duplicates, which should be mailed to my sister (whose music unfortunately fed a wildfire along with everything else she owned), and which should just be given away. The problem is that it all wants to be played.

I can see myself, three years later, still working through a stack of music and playing every piece just for fun ... *sigh*.

No comments:

Post a Comment