Sunday, September 20, 2009

Day Two


The Assumption:


I could do at least 5 correct military-style pushups if I tried. 10, maybe! And I might even surprise myself with 15! Because, you know, I carried my son all the time when he was a (huge) toddler and refused to walk in public for more than about 10 steps, and I'm a professional pianist so of course I'm strong, right?

The Reality:

OK ... let's see, hands shoulder-width apart, feet together, body straight, and doooowwwn we go ... holy CRAP, when did my butt get to weigh 50 pounds all by itself?! Plank position, ha ha, we'll just say it is even though this is more of a bent-nail position, elbows at a 90-degree angle, and did my chest just touch the floor? Hmm. Yes, I believe it did. And the rest of me didn't. Innnnteresting. So, push back up, and ...

... push back up and ...

... I don't think I can really count that as a push-up since there is an "up" rather strongly implied in the word push-up, and that was strikingly lacking in any kind of upward motion.


It appears that I have some work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment