Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Day Four

After serious thought and consideration (about 30 seconds' worth), I have updated #9 from "learn and memorize a piece by Frederic Chopin" to "learn and memorize Chopin's Fantasie-Impromptu in C-sharp minor".* I love this piece, and it is absurd that I never bothered to actually learn it. Even admitting that I can't play it properly will probably get me shunned from the cool kids' table of the classical music community.

And that, folks, is your oxymoronic metaphor of the day.

Still enjoying #63 and walking all over the neighborhood. Today's route took me past a little table full of dahlias in jars by the side of the road. There was a little sign saying to please leave the jars, a Tupperware container where people could leave a dollar or two, and fabulous flowers. It was refreshing to see that the honor system actually still works now and then.



* this performance of the C-sharp minor Fantasie-Impromptu by Russian pianist Valentina Igoshina

No comments:

Post a Comment