Sunday, May 23, 2010

Day Two Hundred and Forty-Seven

Today I worked a little more on Item #8, try 20 new recipes.

At first this just looked like a waste of perfectly good Double Milanos.




Then when they were all finished and chilled, I thought, "Well, OK, I can live with that."



They were OK. Next time, though, I'll mix in a little dark chocolate with the semi-sweet, use less butter (it was too greasy and not quite hard enough for my taste), and maybe put in some walnuts. They're called Hedgehogs, and I got the recipe off of a website for minimalist cooking - five ingredients or less, and minimal time in the kitchen. This is a scaled-down version of a basic recipe that is meant to include just about whatever you want to put in it, and I think a few more ingredients would make it worth the extra few minutes in the kitchen.

Definitely worth tweaking ... except for that darn Item #56.

Although I did go for a 2.3-mile walk today (building up to Item #47), so maybe that canceled out the piece(s) I ate? Or at least a few bites? At least one bite? Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment