Sunday, January 31, 2010

Day One Hundred and Thirty-Seven

Lucius Annaeus Seneca (Roman statesman, philosopher, and playwright from the 1st century B.C.) said, "The primary sign of a well-ordered mind is a man's ability to remain in once place and linger in his own company."

I am not sure I can attain to these heights of mental orderliness, but I have to think that successfully remembering to floss my teeth 22 days in a row (Item #62) must count for something.

On the other hand, by Seneca's definition, the interestingly attired lady on the corner downtown who was engaged in an extended and highly animated conversation with herself must have had a very orderly mind indeed. So I think perhaps I will just walk verrrrry carefully around Mr. Seneca and try not to make eye contact, and if he starts philosophizing at me, I'll just smile nicely with my sparkly clean teeth and keep walking.



No comments:

Post a Comment