Friday, June 4, 2010

Day Two Hundred and Fifty-Nine

A few updates:

Today I checked out biographies of Mary, Queen of Scots, and Norman Schwarzkopf (Item #7). How's THAT for variety? ;)

I applied for a job that would make it so I can afford Item #4 (French language program), and give me a commute long enough for Item #5 (start learning French).

I'm reading my 10th book for #6 right now ... although he probably doesn't count as a new author since I have read his articles in magazines. Darn. Guess I'll need to read more books. (lol)

I tried a new recipe last week but it wasn't very good - the cheese sauce was very bland, and even the Italian sausage couldn't redeem it.



I have officially failed Item #42 already - I actually probably DID write on way more days than I recorded, but I don't actually know how many it was. This wasn't a very well-planned item, and I'll do this differently on the next project.

I've registered for a 10K, but I'm not counting it for Item #48 unless it's loosely considered "training." A dear friend who is struggling with various health issues is walking a 10K in Portland this summer, and I'm going to walk with her for moral support, cheering on, and friendly butt-kicking if necessary.

I went to a Zumba class (Item #53). I am nearly fatally uncoordinated. Sigh.

I am NOT enjoying cutting out chocolate (Item #54). Growl.

I have lost 1 and 3/4 inches off my waist (Item #57). So that's good, anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Wait! Chocolate does not make you fat. Too much chocolate makes you fat therefore you do not need to cut out chocolate...BAS =) this is from a confirmed chocoholic.

    Good deal on 1¾" Makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Item #54 is actually completely unrelated to the goals for weight loss - I just wanted to see if I could go 30 days without chocolate. ;)

    ReplyDelete