Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day One Hundred and Forty-One

After the sudden surge in visits to my blog yesterday when I posted it on my Facebook page, I realized that if more than a handful of people are going to read it, maybe I should, you know, update it a little more often. (Nothing against my first readers - you know who you are, and I know who at least some of you are, and I appreciate you very much. Just so ya know.) So today I got all inspired, and said to myself - well, I didn't say anything since I generally don't talk to myself at all, as it tends to give a bad impression. Musicians are weird enough without walking around muttering to themselves.

(Note to self: Make sure to get more than five hours of sleep before posting next blog entry.)

ANYWAY. I thought it would be fun to do Item #77, do a day-in-the-life photo essay. Since I am the only person I know who will allow me to walk around with a camera taking pictures of them all day, I figured I'd just snap pictures of everything I did today, and ta-dahh! One more item off the list!

It did not work out quite as I had planned. It turns out that the inside of a car (approximately 105 minutes in seven separate driving segments), the keyboard of a piano (120 minutes), the inside of a classroom (75 minutes), a middle-school orchestra classroom (40 minutes), a kitchen (60 minutes), and the checkbook and a calculator (25 minutes) do not make for gripping photo essays. Also, it became quickly evident that I needed to try this again in a few months, and next time I will a) use a better camera (see Item #2) and b) pick a day whose schedule is not utterly insane.

So, in the absence of a beautifully photographed and wittily captioned photo essay, I give you the latest on Item #33 (knit or crochet 20 items for the homeless). Four down, sixteen to go!



(I will probably go back at some point and photograph this spot again for Item #80 [the windows and doors photo collection]. I must have walked past this spot hundreds of times in my years as a student and on staff at the college where I work. But even with my keen eye for the hidden delights of this campus and its history dating back to the 1890's, today was the first time that I saw this remnant of a stone staircase, half-buried in the ivy by the music building. The ferns, the ivy, the moss, and the cool grey light from the overcast sky are so completely Oregon, don't you think?)

1 comment:

  1. What bout rolling out of bed, brushing teeth, shower, digging in closet for fashion o' the day, feeding pets (and chillins), coffee coffee coffee, breakfast, inside the closet, filling up at gas station, narrowly missing pedestrian in crosswalk who now gestures in a not so friendly manner, parking at any place, line of people at post office (or Wal*Mart)...? As you know, sometimes the caption makes the picture.

    ReplyDelete