Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day Three Hundred and Seventy

Attempt #2 at spending 15 minutes a day outside for 100 consecutive days (Item #63):

I had a lovely picnic at the park.

I took my kids into the back yard on a nice day and insisted that we all read books! I know! Torture!

I went on many walks, in all sorts of weather.

I actually dusted off my bike and went for a ride, and remembered why I don't ride much. (It has to do with my butt muscles. Don't ask.)

I played a game of croquet with the rest of the pit orchestra (the first one I've ever played in, very fun!) for a local production of "Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat." I am not very good at croquet, it turns out.

I browsed through the outdoor market in front of the health food store and bought some perfectly delicious organic Brandywine tomatoes. (With a name like Brandywine, how can a Tolkien buff resist?!)

I helped with some impromptu decorating at the park for Buddy's friend's birthday party.

I sat outside on the back porch at night, read books and enjoyed the night air.

I cleaned out my car, with a vacuum cleaner and everything!

I took Boo for a brisk morning walk, which was quite fun and I should do it more often.

I took a hike with my mom down by the Puget Sound in Washington State.

I took lots and lots of pictures at the Capitol Building in Olympia, WA.

I watched Buddy do his best at the Cub Scout Olympics.

I took Boo and Buddy all over the World Beat Festival in downtown Salem, and we ate a little too much fair food.

---

And then I forgot about it, and now I have to start over. I promise I'm not starting this over multiple times because I like having to be outside every day ... although that's tempting now that I think about it. Hmmm.

3 comments:

  1. Darn! The weather for being outside isn't going to improve in the next 100 days, so how about modifying slightly by adding that a maximum of 2 days can interrupt the run for 100 without a restart as long as you add 10 more uninterrupted days to the end? Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I thought about it. But then I realized that my slight but not-quite-ignorable little streak of OCD would never forgive myself if I CHEATED.

    More rationally speaking, doing it in the winter will go a long way toward countering my usual seasonal blues. So let's just go with that answer ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, I would not have considered it cheating, just being practical. But go with your answer.

    ReplyDelete