Sunday, April 25, 2010

Day Two Hundred and Nineteen


tulip fields and Mt. Hood


Twelve down, eighty-nine to go! Today I took the kids to the tulip festival in Woodburn (Item #25). Our only regrets were that we ate before we came since we didn't realize they had yummy food options at the festival, and that we didn't allow about twice as much time. It was a lovely trip, and I think it would be a good annual tradition.



"Black" tulips fascinate me.




Boo blends right in. :)




Boo snapped this one of me in the most spectacular purple tulips I've ever seen. I want to buy a few hundred of these and plant them.







All I was really trying to demonstrate was that the tulips were as big as my outspread hand - I was pleased when I discovered later that the little ring I had on today was turned so you could read the word "HOPE" on it.

2 comments:

  1. Ding! Fields of flowers.

    What's happening with #54? Do you need some help?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I'm not sure how someone could HELP me go thirty days without chocolate short of doing a commando raid on my house (and then locking me inside it without a credit card or a phone), but thanks for the offer. I'll have to do it at some point ... unless, of course, I decide that it's worth the five bucks not to. (Item #35.)

    ReplyDelete