Saturday, October 16, 2010

Day Three Hundred and Ninety-Three


I am starting to regret the "healthy, trimmed" part of Item #92 (grow healthy, trimmed hair to my waist). Every time it gets close, it's time to get it trimmed again. I took this picture earlier this week, and my hand is about waist-level - I suppose the straggliest little bits are probably waist-length, but that hardly qualifies as healthy, does it?

I got it trimmed later that day, and ... hang on, let me go measure ...

...

... it looks like I have about 2.25 inches to go. So, if I get a half inch trimmed for every inch it grows (which is about what it comes out to), it should be trimmed and healthy and waist-length in early spring. Hurrah!

The idea, of course, was that I would then lop off a bunch and donate it (Item #34). But now I'm not so sure ... I've found out that much of that hair does NOT in fact go to the sad-eyed little cancer patients on the website, but goes instead to wigs for adults who might just be in the mood for blonde hair this week. So for now, I'm going to keep wearing it, and do a little more research on donating it before I do anything involving scissors and tears.

3 comments:

  1. I have heard good things about wigsforkids.org
    I believe that they only works with kids and they offer assistance for families in need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Trish. I just went and looked through their donation guidelines, and it turns out they don't take hair that has had any kind of chemical process. Since, alas, this has not been my natural hair color since I was in the second grade, mine won't qualify. Locks of Love will take colored hair but not bleached hair - I am not sure if my highlighting process involves bleaching out, but I suspect that it does.

    Phooey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wild. my hair won't really grow past my shoulders. it's curly and just curls right back up, or gets really stringy and weird.

    ReplyDelete